Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Joy of Food

I will freely admit that food can raise or lower my emotional state quite often. A simple Diet Coke delivered in the morning by my husband can put me in a good mood all day. Not getting one...well you can guess!



So the point of this post is to share my excitement about my dinner this evening. I know! Much like Tara's disclaimer on her cleaning posts you can feel free to stop reading but if you are like me and enjoy eating a great meal without a lot of work you will want to take notes.



As most of you know I do not have the time or desire to slave away on meals each day . I also much prefer when someone else cooks but since I haven't convinced my husband to pick of this duty yet I am stuck with it. We often opt for drive thru. Not the healthiest or cheapest route so I decided I would make an effort today and cook. Well not really cook but prepare.



It started with some chicken tenderloins from Trader Joes. I was quite proud of myself because with my mom's guidance on the phone I actually dipped them in milk, then egg, then a mix of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. A little olive oil in the pan and I was good to go. One step accomplished.



I then checked the freezer and had one of my most favorite things from Trader Joes stocked which is Fettuccine Alfredo. For those of you who enjoy it you should really pick some up. It comes in the bag just like the orange chicken and it cooks in like 5 minutes. All you have to do is pour it in a pan with two tablespoons water and simmer. It even starts with these little nests of noodles and wafers of cheese. I swear I get so much enjoyment by watching those nests break up and it all form into perfect Fettuccine Alfredo. Another easy thing done.



I had notified Chad at the start of preparation that we needed some vegetables for dinner and he could go buy whatever he wanted at the store. Little did I know he was going to come home with the most exciting part of the meal. He bought a bag of Broccoli Wokley!!!! Has anyone tried this yet? Okay so exciting. All you do is poke it with a fork and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes. It steams it perfectly! You are done!



To top the whole exciting easy meal off I also had him grab Homestyle Brownies out of the freezer dessert section. They are already in a pan and you just pop them in the oven. They taste just like you slaved away.



So all in all I kind of made a homemade meal tonight. I know I cheated a lot but can you just feel the joy I have right now? And it was all so yummy like I spent hours on it when I literally had it done in like 10 minutes!

Sorry I wish I had energy to take pictures for you but I did just cook dinner so I need to rest:)

4 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Mmmmm!! Sounds very Yummy. Thanks so much for the invite to dinner tonight. Steve and I were really bummed that we couldn't make it. Maybe another time?

TK said...

Impressive Kara. I have a hard time cranking out a decent meal with two children and no outside employement. You are not in over your head I think you're treading nicely.

berrytribe said...

That's my kind of meal!! Way to go, Kara! You've inspired me!! :)

Sarah said...

Woo Hoo!! :)