Monday, October 29, 2007

The Boots

So this past weekend thanks to some wonderful friends and family,Chad and I were able to go up to Santa Barbara for a wedding. Now for quite a few weeks I was debating whether to go partly because my post pregnancy figure isn't quite where I would like it to be. Anyway I realized looking pregnant or not I wanted to go so I went in search of an outfit that I could try to look good in. Along came "the boots". I had bought a dress that I felt some really high boots would look good with. Should I have bought them at Target? Probably not but not all of us can afford expensive boots. Anyway I felt that I looked pretty good in them and at least from the knee down I felt confident. Well I probably should have walked around in them for awhile because half way through the evening my feet were killing and I could barely stand.

At one point during the night I had to make a trip to the car. There were several men from the reception out lingering and as I walked past them one of the men told me "that from where he was standing my boots looked beautiful" So pain or not I was pretty happy. I went back to the reception and was eager to tell my husband that I was hit on in the parking lot. My husband who normally shows no emotion over these rare times gives me a very incredulous look and asks "He really said that?" It was almost like he was going to go beat him up and fight over me!! I responded "yes he really did". Well my excitement over my husband's jealousy was short lived as it became aware to me that Chad thought he said "boobs" and not "boots" . After it became clear that it was just my shoes and not my body the man was after, Chad went back to his meal. Oh well....


Then came the end of the evening. The boots weren't done yet. As I stepped out of the van my heal gave way and my foot went to a complete right angle from my ankle. As I let out a scream and landed on the ground I thought for sure I broke it. My husband would say that I always think that whenever I hurt myself. He assured me it was just sprained and that I would be okay. So after several days it is feeling a little better. Here is a picture of my ankle. I am not sure if you can see it but it looks like I have a huge baseball on the side of my ankle. I would have posted a picture of the boots but I am not quite ready to put them back on yet.



3 comments:

TK said...

Kara as usual your posts crack me up. I love reading about the interactions of you and Chad. You guys could be the next Ray and Debra Barone.

Your ankle does not look very good. If it's still that swollen you need to get off of it right now, which I know is no big deal with your life. Please call me if you need some help.

Kristy said...

This is the price we pay as woman. Men just don't understand. I'm sure you looked Beautiful.

Lauren Faiai said...

Funny thing is....when you first told me the story I thought you said "boobs" too!!!