Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What Bugged Me Today

Just because I can get away with it for a few more months, I am going to make the most of my crankiness and share with you the top 5 events that irritated me today.

-Woke up this morning and hurt all over. Shared with my husband that it felt like I had run 10 miles the day before. His response "How would you know what that feels like?"

-Dropped Haley at school and one of the moms asked what was wrong with my eyes. Basically the same thing as saying you look tired but just meaner.

-Took Ella to the bathroom later at Wendy's and as she leaned over to pull up her pants all her hair nestled right in that middle spot on the toilet where the top seat doesn't connect. Basically where everyone's pee settles.

-Went to the doctor where they made me pee, chug a very large orange drink, gave me a shot, took my blood and told me I gained too much weight.

- Now let me explain the last irritating thing that topped off my day. My husband has had a nickname for me that he usually starts using when my weight increases from it's lower point. It's "Chunky Monkey". Unfortunately he enjoys my reaction which just increases the frequency of use. Well tonight he just called me "monkey". Not sure why more irritating than the whole thing. But it is.

That's it for today. There were a few more not blog worthy. I am sure tomorrow will start another whole cycle.

10 comments:

TK said...

I hope you keep sharing your crankiness with us even after the baby is born because it cracks me up. Not that I hope you have to suffer from continual crankiness. I could totally see my husband saying the same thing about the 10 mile thing. Not even to be funny but just matter of fact. I guess Gregg is the only one that could not get away with that. I would not worry about the weight thing what goes on can always come off. Meanwhile have a shake and enjoy it.

Becky said...

Kara,
I love your complaining list today! I agree with Tara, I've been loving your rants. I think you should tell Chad that he isn't allowed to call you that. Another thing, it drives me nuts when people say I look tired. Have a great day tomorrow!

Lauren Faiai said...

K-Love. You are Rad. I totally forgot to ask about your appointment today at dinner. I am a crappy friend. But, just to make it up to you, I'm going to call you right now at 11:07PM and ask how it was.

PS...Love the part about Ella's hair nestled in the toilet seat. AWESOME.

Kara said...

Just to clarify for Heather who I cancelled on last night. Dinner was at Chik-fil-a by our house before 5pm and at the time I still thought I was going to Awana. Didn't want you to think I dogged you:)

Heather Hammond said...

Good thing - I was just doing the math in my head and thinking, "she dogged me"!!!!

Kara said...

Lauren I love you and you are an amazing friend!

Lauren Faiai said...

Is Kara Bi-Polar?

TK said...

How come Lauren and Kara told me about this tonight and after reading it I'm still confused???

Kara said...

I don't think it is worth it to try and figure out.

Steve Faiai said...

K-lo,

Hey friend, I think it's about time for a new post from you. I think you should post something on the positive side of things like "What didn't bug me today".

Can't wait!

Steve

I think you have the record at least in our blogging community of having the most comments. That's pretty cool!