Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Experience



I have been meaning for some time now to make Trader Joe's one of my regular stops for groceries. I feel like I have been missing out for so long not having their orange chicken. I had been there several times before to buy my favorite Zone bars but never wandered very far. I also went through a very short "cleansing" phase which cost me a lot of money but didn't last longer than a day.
Anyway I had some extra time on Tuesday night so Heather and I made our way to Trader Joe's to find prize items. She was looking for lemon curd which I don't quite understand but what I found was so much more fun. I posted my receipt (well Lauren did) so you could try to experience my cart first hand.As you can tell from my receipt I did buy orange chicken so I could be included in the mix but 75% of my cart was desserts. I could blame it on my state but I can't honestly say it would have been any different otherwise. I had three different kinds of cookies, chocolate ice cream bon bons and tofutti ice cream bars. My favorite are the bon bons which I have been enjoying immensely at all hours of the day. I also highly recommend the macadamia milk chocolate cookies. We did, however also have a nice dinner of orange chicken and artichokes last night which I must say deserves all the fuss that has been made about it. I am looking forward to trying the enchiladas and pasta sauce I bought as well (not at the same time mind you).
I did feel during my short tour through the store that I probably was missing out on several other prize items. If you have any other "loves" there let me know so I can be sure to try them the next time.

6 comments:

Steve Faiai said...

K-Lo,

First of all thanks for letting Chad help me out today. That was truly a blessing. Now about Trader Joes, here is a list of 5 things that I LOVE there.

5. Waffle cone cookies.
4. Pita Chips (Parmesan)
3. Turkey and Pesto sandwich
2. Mud Pie
1. Banana bread loaf (Not as good as Tara's but pretty darn close.)

Thanks again for today!

Lauren Faiai said...

My Trader Joe's List:
1. Enchilada's (small pack)
2. Handmade Tamales
3. Banana Crisps
4. Turkey and Pesto Sandwich
5. Orange Chicken
6. Any pre-made salad
7. Fruit Leather
8. Dried Peas Coated with Wasabi
9. Pita Chips
10. Frozen Tilapia Filets
11. Two Buck Chuck (Charles Shaw)

Here's a GREAT LIST
http://www.seriouseats.com/talk/2007/02/favorite-trader-joes-items.html

TK said...

Thanks S about the banana bread. I'll make some for you one of these days.

My Trader Joes List

1. mac n cheese
2. panda or gorilla peanut butter cereal and Trader O's (for Rhett)
3. spinach pre-made salad
4. frozen corn
5. olive oil (cheaper than anywhere else)
6. individual packs of brown rice for the microwave in the frozen section
7. apples- one bag of small ones perfect size to eat less than $2
8. avocados
9. any of the boxed breads: corn, banana, brownie, carrot etc.
10. with Lauren on the fruit leather, Rhett's all time favorite but you can't really get it anymore

I'm sure there is a lot of other stuff but these are the first things that come to mind. I don't usually buy meat there because it's kind of expensive but I do buy bread.

Becky said...

Trader Joe's Must Buy List, when I go...
1. Just The Leaves (Lettuce)
2. Strawberry Organic Pastries (somehow I feel if it's organice it's healthy, but I have a suspicion it's just like having a Pop Tart)
3. Raw Almonds (yummy)
4. Emergen-C
5. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip mini cookies (another way I'm deceiving myself, if they're small I can eat a lot of them, right?)
6. The seasoned sliced turkey, expensive but the best!
7. Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
8. The Yummy lemonade we had at your shower
9. The chicken nuggets, they're way healthy than chicken dinosaurs from Costco, it makes me feel better about my lack of cooking

Kara said...

test

Kara said...

test again