Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Driver's License

We had a busy weekend so thankfully my in-laws came down for Saturday and Sunday to watch the girls for us. Anyway they brought the girls to work tonight at about 9pm on their way out of town. As they get in the car Haley has an envelope in her hand all addressed and ready to mail. She tells me that the Driver's License that we found is in there.
Now we found this license two weeks ago mind you and I guess my daughter has been keeping it in her pocket and pretending she can drive. I think I passed the buck to my husband on the whole "you need to turn this in somewhere" he probably passed it right back. Anyway Haley asks me for a stamp so she can mail it and I was too tired to inquire further into it so she runs it off to the mail box tonight.
As I sit down at the computer (to check the blogs) I see Microsoft word open. There is a note typed up to Kendall (the license girl) from my daughter telling her all about how we found her license and she hopes she is really happy. She also lets her know what her email address is (mine by the way) and that she could email her if she wanted to. Now mind you I love my daughter's sweet, friendly spirit but this girl is going to think we are wacko. Not to mention the fact that I am sure she has already gotten a new license by now and isn't going to appreciate the fact that it has taken us this long to return it. I will keep you posted on the pen pal relationship my daughter is trying to create. On the bright side it might keep her focus away from emailing the tooth fairy.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Haley is so cute! That is awesome. At least it's not a random guy!

Anonymous said...

I might get REALLY jealous if Haley stops emailing me!!

-The Toothfairy

TK said...

Imagine if you bought her a computer for Christmas instead of a camera.

If she gets bored you can tell her to write me a letter.