Friday, January 12, 2007

Top 10 Things That Let Me Know I'm Pregnant

Besides my huge belly of course...

10. I need help out of the bathtub.
9. I drive in the carpool lane when I am by myself (Is that legal?)
8. I have 8 inch roots and more gray hair then I care to see.
7. I bake a new batch of chocolate chip cookies daily because I ate the previous day's batch all on my own (hence the reason for #5).
6. I am 36 years old and layed in bed for an hour watching the Real World Challenge.
5. My butt is competing with my belly.
4. I wear the same maternity pants everyday.
3. I no longer recognize certain body parts.
2. My husband throws anything within reach of him during the night to get me to stop snoring (a condition that I seem to only have while pregnant). Seriously I woke up the other morning with a t-shirt, towel and his underwear on my head. None of which I think were clean.
And the #1 thing that lets me know that I am pregnant... My need for Depends every time I sneeze.

5 comments:

TK said...

I love this post. I also love that I'm the first one to read it and laugh at it. You're cracking me up!! Oh the joys of pregnancy. I'm so glad it's you and not me I just don't miss it. I do love the result of it and let me encourage you in case you might need some IT's ALL WORTH IT. Not that you have an option to back out or something.

Emmie is still young enough that some of those things sound quite familiar. Especially #9 I did it all the time. Not sure of the legality of it but who is going to argue with you. #4 also rings true. I had one shirt that I thought made me look skinnier so I would wear it ALL the time and I had a pair of pants I would wear as well all the time. The rest of them were just histerical.

Anonymous said...

Kara, I love you! I can remember when those were all me(except for the Chad throwing his underwear at me part). Isn't it amazing what we voluntarily put ourselves through? You are beautiful (Christina Aguilera)...I'm singing it right now to you.

Anonymous said...

Laughed all the way to number one! Kara, you don't understand how awesome this list is!!! The only thing that bothered me about it is the fact that I could identify with about half of the list... and well... I'm NOT pregnant!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed that anonymous didn't find a way to make extra money any where on your blog. I'm glad he ended up finding something. Maybe if that doesn't work out, you could get him a job at the YM!

Anonymous said...

You're killing me Kara!!!! Unfortunately, I laughed at the whole list - because I remember it all!!! So, I'm laughing with you, not at you!!! Here's my midwife advice... start doing some kegels and go get your hair done! Kegels will help with the "Depends" issue and it's safe for you to get your hair colored. Now, with my midwife hat off - your a hot lookin prego!!! Keep smiling!