Saturday, January 20, 2007

Soak Zone

There are a lot of times where I wonder what I was thinking. Yesterday was one of them. We went to Sea World with our new passports and decided to view the Dolphin Show. I had not been to this show in years so I was a little naive when it came to the "soak zone". Haley begged me to sit with her smack in the middle of it. I made her promise she wasn't going to cry or whine about being wet. Mind you no one was at Sea World yesterday except us so there weren't a lot of other bodies around to help out. I was thinking to myself "How much could dolphins really splash?". After the show I was thinking, "Why am I so stupid?".
Haley was very excited after the first splash which was minimal compared to what was to come. I asked her if we could go join daddy and Ella way up in the rafters but she still remained firm in her desire. I should have tried harder. I watched in disbelief as the trainer actually lined up the dolphin's tail to where we were sitting and not once, not twice, but three times sent a wall of water over us. I might as well have jumped in the tank. I probably could have handled the cold, but the combination of salt water, jeans, and pregnancy just don't mix. Not to mention I didn't enjoy smelling like an aquarium. It took me an hour to get my pants back up after visiting the restroom. As we were trying to make our way to the car Haley slowed down and called me over to apologize for saying she wouldn't cry or whine. I told her she was doing great. As she started sobbing I realized she was giving me the apology ahead of time. It was a very long walk out to the car. The good news is I will never have to sit in the soak zone again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the part about it taking so long to get your pants back up in the restroom. Just chalk it up to one more thing to prove what an amazing, loving mother you are.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fore-warning about the crying! Sounds like a very eventful trip! I hate the soak zone too!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...the soak zone. That's a definite "no-no". I agree with Tara. You are an awesome mom.

Becky said...

So glad you finally got the links worked out. Now why are we all anonymous??

Kara said...

I have no idea. It showed your name on the last comment. I will have to check with my blogger tutor on that one.

Hums said...

I too love the apology. That was just too cute. I'm sure it was miserable waddle to the car, but you had to be giggling, just a little. . .maybe