Monday, January 29, 2007

Mommy, I Need To Tell You Something.


I thought I needed a little light-hearted story as my next post. So of course it would be about Ella (or Isabel as she likes to be called now). After our bed time ritual (which has decreased slightly by the way) I was starting to get to work in the office. After only a few minutes I hear pitter,patter down the stairs and Ella's voice saying, "Mommy, I need to tell you something." I replied that I would be up shortly. I guess I waited a few too many minutes because when I did arrive she was quite upset that she had forgotten what it was that she wanted to tell me. I told her not to worry that she would remember and could tell me the next time I checked on her. That wasn't working. I then thought maybe I could help her remember so I said," Was it that you want Mommy to do "the claw" (you can imagine it yourself) when I come back to check on you?"
Ella says sadly "No, that wasn't it but Mommy I have two things to tell you. One is I want you to do the claw when you check on me and the other one I forgot."
With a smile I say, "Was it that you want Mommy to take you to lunch after I pick you up from school tomorrow?"
Ella says sadly, "No that wasn't it but Mommy I have three things to tell you, One is I want you to do the claw when you come check on me, two is I want you to take me to lunch tomorrow and the three I forgot."
I decided at this point however much fun I was having with her increasing list of things to tell me that I better stop or else she would have never gone to sleep. On second thought I should have used it as a means to get her to tell me all the things I always want to hear. Oh well, there is always tomorrow night!

6 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Sweet. She is one sweet girl. Let us know what it is when she remembers!

TK said...

I love the header. Trey is very cute!!!

TK said...

Please disregard my last comment and read Lauren's email

Becky said...

The "I want to tell you something" is Garrett's new favorite phrase. If he says it he never gets in trouble for being out of bed.
2 nights ago he had to tell me that his backpack couldn't fly because the sky is blue...

Tara, who the heck is Trey?

Anonymous said...

K-Lo,

Hey if the baby's name is Trey, you're awesome for picking that name. That is what i wanted to name Riley but my wife wouldn't let me. Anyhow great light-hearted post. Thanks for sharing!

Steve

TK said...

Sorry Kara for putting Trey out there. No pressure, although I kind of like how now Steve is rooting for it as well.

No matter what name you choose he will be a cutie pie and very loved....although I still really really think you should stay with your pick of 1. Trey or 2. Ty or is it Tye?