Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Tooth Fairy

So ever since Haley learned to write one of her favorite things is to write letters. Even more fun is if the person, or in this case fairy write her back. Yes, she decided last night before bed to leave a note for the tooth fairy under her pillow.
She requested I write as she dictated since I was really pushing that it was bedtime.
This is what she instructed it say:
Dear Tooth Fairy,
I know that you only come when there is a tooth under my pillow but I just wanted to write this note to say thank you for leaving me money when I lose a tooth. I hope to see you one day and I hope you are pretty.
Love, Haley

At this point I tell Haley that I doubt the tooth fairy will come. Thinking I will be off the hook to try and figure out how to get the note out from underneath her pillow to actually write back. Throughout the night Haley woke up several times due to bad dreams and wherever she went(which was back and forth from my bed) the note would follow to be stuck under whatever pillow her head was on at the time. How the girl remembers things in the middle of the night is beyond me. Anyway I decide that it would be too much fun to see how happy she would be to actually write back. So at 7am, very bleary eyed I manage to get the note out and write a small message back. This is what is said:
Dear Haley,
Thank you for the nice note. I think that I am pretty for a fairy and I usually wear pink. I will see you soon when you lose that front tooth. I love you.
Love, The tooth fairy
(I even did a little red heart for effect)
As soon as she woke up sure enough she checked under that pillow. The absolute glee she had was well worth the effort it took to write a simple message to her. It even continued all day as she would remember back. She asked me what I thought the tooth fairy looked like. Several times she has wished she could see her. I told her I thought she was very tiny like a lightening bug.Then comes the problem. Tonight. I knew it was coming. I knew it wouldn't just stop at one note but I figured I could solve the issue somehow. Unfortunately my daughter is smarter than I am. This is what the second note (which she wrote on her own says):
Dear Tooth Fairy,
Thank you for your nice note to me from you. I love you I might set my camera out and my sister ella wants you to take a pichsher of your self But I know your bisey and it is okey if you dont we just want to take a pichsher of your self so we can see you. You are nice and sweet as a Fairy thats how God made you. I love you.
From Haley


So the camera is set out. The note tucked back under the pillow with an extra piece of paper in case she needs more room to write back and mom wondering how she is going to pull this off. As Chad and I are watching tv tonight he asks me what I am going to do. I told him I thought that I would just write that I was too small to take a picture of myself. His reply,"Yet you are big enough to hold a pencil". He is so annoying sometimes:) I even thought that maybe we could pull off taking a picture of a flash of light or something(I know way overboard with the whole scheme). Anyway I haven't quite figured it out yet. I know that I will have to finish off this little pen pal relationship they are having, but at the moment I am kind of enjoying being a little, tiny pink fairy who brings my daughter a lot of joy.

6 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

SOOOO FUN! Ok...here's what you can do...
Just take a picture of something shiny on the table. You told her it was very tiny, so, just write something like "It was very dark, and hard to take the picture of myself, but I did it! You can barely see me, I'm that small shiny spot on the table!!"

Steve Faiai said...

K-Lo,

You are such a great storyteller and a cool mom. I'm sure that when Haley and Ella both grow up they'll remember how cool there mom was and strive to be like you! Thanks for sharing. I don't have any ideas as to what to do, but keep us posted!

TK said...

I love this story. This is what having kids is all about. Living in their imaginary world while it still lasts. I knew Lauren would have a solution for you so i didn't even try to think of one.

TK said...

I was thinking about this while I was doing the dishes and I think if it was me I would not take the picture. Some things should be left to the imagination. Maybe she could write in her letter that they don't have camera's in "Fairy Land" so she does not know how to use it. It also runs the risk of her seeing a picture and then telling her friends or showing her friends and then they no longer imagine what she looks like. Am I putting WAY to much thought into this or what..

Becky said...

I agree with Tara, no picture. Let her imagine how beautiful the tooth fairy is. I love that she thinks she is very beautiful and pink and oh so girly...How are you feeling today???

Lauren Faiai said...

You girls are LAME. She should take a picture. That would be so AWESOME! Create Haley an email account and create the toothfairy an account, and email her the picture, Kara. You would DEFINITELY be MOM OF THE YEAR over Tara if you did this!