Monday, January 1, 2007

The End of 2006


So I haven't blogged in over a month. Everyone has probably given up on my blog so I am not sure why I am starting a new post anyway. I felt pretty safe there for awhile. No one seemed to be blogging very frequently. Now you all have stepped it up, from new designs on your blogs (very nice Lauren) to deep, insightful posts that make me either laugh or cry. It makes it very hard to compete. Although I know you all are saying right now that it is not a competition, my insecurity forces me to still want to at least keep your interest with my posts. The picture included was taken by Haley with her new camera she got for Christmas.
Last night was a fun end to the year. All day long I kept thinking of better titles to songs and movies we could have come up with and my husband gave me a lecture on how "Say Anything" wasn't fair because you can't really draw "anything". I keep laughing out loud everytime I think of Lauren trying to throw everyone off by yelling out different topics. All in all I was reminded of how blessed I am to be surrounded by such incredible friends. Each one of you are amazing and special and I thank the Lord he led me to you. You truly enrich my life and I know that 2007 will be full of great moments just as 2006 was.

Thanks.

5 comments:

TK said...

Just so you know the sensitivity in this post alone has just re-commited you to blogging for the next year. Sorry you're stuck. Maybe if you actually write a bad post we will let you off the hook but looks like that's not going to be possible.

You do have a great way of expressing your feelings and I'm grateful tonight to be one of those friends you wrote about.

Tell Chad he did have a hard one but we can't all have "Ferris Buellers Day Off".

TK said...

One more thing. You know what I love about Haley's picture. If you double click on it to enlarge it you can see some pictures of you and Chad back ??? When were those pictures taken? You look so young.

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! SHE'S BACK!! I love you Kara! and I'm soooo glad to know you!!! Keep up the great posts!!

Anonymous said...

Kara,

I absolutely love you and Chad. Lauren and i are grateful that we have you as friends. We are truly blessed!

Steve

Becky said...

Kara,
This should keep you blogging for sure! 5 comments on your blog should take care of the insecurities you have. We've been waiting! Thanks for coming through, and thanks for the apples...yummy.