Saturday, January 6, 2007

Brady Bunch Moment


I am not sure how I can tell this story and do it justice. There is just no way to get the tone and attitude through a post but I will try. I hope you all aren't too young to remember Brady Bunch and Jan's issues with her sister Marcia because you won't get the humor if you are.
Anyway Haley has been having some difficulty lately dealing with Ella. Most of the time they play great. The other night Haley called me into her room and told me that she had something to say but it wasn't nice and I wasn't going to like it. I probably at this point should have told her to keep it to herself but Haley doesn't often have horrible thoughts so my curiosity got the better of me. She cries, " I wish our family was just you, me and Daddy!!" Again where my parenting skills are sometimes, I have no idea, but I tried to encourage her that she really doesn't feel that way and her and Ella have great fun together. She then declares that she doesn't like Ella copying her, she makes a mess, and she ruins everything Haley makes. I told her to go to sleep.
The next day again with wishing Ella wasn't around. At bedtime she got even more upset because Ella got her bedtime cuddle before her. "She always goes first, it's not fair!!" and then out it came the phrase ..." Ella, Ella, Ella!" Chad and I both burst out laughing. Haley of course didn't see the humor but we realized what Jan Brady was feeling when she uttered it the same way. The scary part is I don't think Haley has realized yet that her life is going to be even more horrible in about 4 months! Pray for her!:)

2 comments:

TK said...

I think I erased my first comment so I'll type it again. Thanks for writing this. I don't know if I'm encouraged to know my child is not the only one that wants his sister to go away or discouraged to know it will probably just get worse as he gets older. Rhett and Emmie only seem to bond when making messes together.

To bad life can't resolve itself in thirty minutes like on TV.

Anonymous said...

Maybe her life will get better when the baby comes because she will no longer think of herself, only the sweet, little baby...is that slightly wishful thinking? Maybe, but it might happen! Thanks for the comments:0)