Sunday, October 29, 2006

Lost on Lost

I know some of you are Lost fans so I thought you might be able to help me out after last week. I didn't get the whole second island thing. Now I know I am not super bright but wouldn't they have known if they were on a different island? They would of have to been taken by boat. Also when Sun,Jin and Sahid (sp?) went in search of them I don't remember them saying anything about another island? And have they been there all along? What about all the times they were on the survivor's island? Remember when they were all over there when they had Kate and they confronted Locke and John? Did they come over in shifts or do they have a lot of boats you think? Anyway the show's title is appropriate at least for me I guess.

5 comments:

TK said...

I don't know if this helps. However when Jin, Sun and Sayid used the sail boat they did not sail the circumfrence of the island.

In addition it is quiet possible for them to have been transported by boat and simply thought they were being taken by the quickest means possible to another part of the island -- from the last episode of season 1 we do know that they have had a tug boat. Also, yes they do have multiple boats. At the end of season 2 -- they gave one of their boats away to Michael and his son to return back to civilization.

In addition, even though they have been on the island over two months -- we do know that they have been to all parts of the island. The lady, I forgot her name, Rouseau? mentioned in an episode that over those mountains, where the smoke is coming from is where "the others" dwell -- I did not get the impression that they had ever ventured there.

That is my assessment and your questions is what makes the show so great.

In addition, consider yourself among the more sophisticated tv viewers, LOST is for those who love complexity, mystery,and love to be challenged every week.

from the only Lost viewer in this house

TK said...

By the way I too consider myself sophisticated, a lover of mystery and challenge. Not sure about the complexity part.

From the non-Lost viewer in this house

Anonymous said...

Great post, Kara! I am very impressed by Tara's knowlegable response. "Tara #1" is a huge Lost fan. She knows incredible detail about the show. And she even has a shirt with a life size picture of Kate's face on it with the caption "LOST with Kate". "Tara #2" on the other hand thinks the show is too mysterious and won't watch it even when "Tara #1" wants to watch it with her.

Now, in regards to your post...you weren't the only one who was thrown for a loop during this episode. It was an AWESOME episode. One of my favorites, but I was kind of bothered by the whole second island thing too.

Kara said...

Thanks for the insight "Tara #1" I wish "Tara #2" would watch it with you so we could all share our theories. I guess I will have to get a shirt with Sawyer on the front!

Anonymous said...

About Sawyer...I used to hate him. Now I think he's quite HOT!