Saturday, July 26, 2008

In Need of Community

Literally my community! I don't know what my deal is lately but I have been really depressed about my lack of involvement in my own area. Maybe it is that school has started up and I see all of these moms interacting and I pretty much stay to myself.I think that I have told myself that I already have my friends and I don't need anymore. The problem with that is that I have always been the friend that lives the farthest away. This makes it very tricky to do the fun "friend" things like park days, sports, babysitting, etc. They are doing things together everyday. For awhile now I have come to terms with it but just lately it has been bugging me. The question is what do I need to do or actually what do I want to do about it? Because if I think about it I don't really have the time or the energy to join PTA or volunteer. I don't really want to start new friendships-it's hard! I am thinking that if this is the area we are going to stay in then I need to make an effort and put my energy here. Maybe try a church closer to home. Join the PTA! Either that or convince my husband to move to La mesa which isn't going to happen! Maybe it's a passing phase. Maybe I will feel differently next week! We will see!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You know you have to put your self out there. Sometimes we just have to get outside our comfort zone and be stretched. You could look for some of the other moms hanging out at the school. Make a little time for you and TY not working and go to a moms group or the park. I know you can do it and your La Mesa friends always want you to hang out.

TK said...

I vote for convincing Chad to move to La Mesa. Think of all the gas you would save if you move into the condos behind YM. You could even possibly stay in bed and send Haley downstairs to open up shop. Meanwhile we will try and make more Chic-fil-a outings.

Don't be sad, it makes me sad when you're sad.