Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Creator of Wall Ball

So Haley is growing up a little too fast for my taste. Today she told me she was going to "google" something and I about had a heart attack. Anyway she has had quite a massive crush on a little boy at school named Tommy. She has written him notes that thankfully I have intercepted and revised before she actually had a chance to give. In one she told him how she "liked him a lot" and then went on to explain to him that she didn't say "love" because they weren't there yet.
Well she has been asking me a lot if she can marry him and I explained that it was way too early to think about that yet and that whoever she married needed to love Jesus. And that is why I suggested someone more like Caleb (sorry Heather:)) Anyway she must have been thinking long and hard about this because it has been several weeks since the topic has come up. Today she told me that she thinks Tommy does love Jesus.
I asked, "Really why is that?"
"Well because Mommy, Tommy loves to play wall ball at school and God created the people that made wall ball so I am sure that Tommy loves Jesus because he loves wall ball so much."

And there you have it! The rationale of a seven year old in love!

3 comments:

TK said...

One minute she is on the cash register, the next minute she is planning her wedding. I wonder what big events will come in her eighth year of life.

Becky said...

That's so sweet. Sounds like she is an abstract thinker!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.