Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Any Requests


I am amazed quite often at how different my eldest daughter's personality is from my own. Yesterday I was reminded again.

On Monday we enjoyed a friends birthday party where they borrowed a Karaoke machine from us and returned it to my store and put it in my office. So yesterday Haley had gone with me to work and as usual was occupying herself in my office. After a few minutes I hear a microphone and someone singing. Yes my precious daughter decided to do an impromptu performance for the customers eating in the store. She dragged the Karaoke machine all the way out to the front, got it plugged in and all revved up and then just started belting out song after song. After a few songs she asked if anyone else would like to try it. Bless this family that was entertained by her because otherwise it could have been bad. Anyway the Grandpa even got up and sang a verse to one of his favorite songs. All in all I don't think many of the customers from yesterday will quite forget their yogurt experience and hopefully it wasn't too overwhelming for them.I pray that she keeps her love for performing and self confidence you need to be able to do it. Goodness knows I don't have it!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I would love to make a few request. Does she know any Jimmy Buffet? or AD/DC? maybe some Snoop Dog? Next time call me I would love to do a duet with her. I'm not sure if you heard but I love to sing.