Thursday, April 3, 2008

Crying It Out


As you read this most of you are probably thinking how glad you are that you are over the baby stage. Although some of you probably were well disciplined parents and had your child sleeping through the night at a very young age. Me? I am a coddler (sp?) and a wimp so here I am at 10 months along listening to my son scream in his crib so I can finally teach him that he doesn't need me to do it. Of course he is not the only one crying at the moment since it is 3 am and I have gotten about an hour of sleep. Fun!

3 comments:

Lauren Faiai said...

Oh my gosh, K!! He is sooo big!! and HANDSOME!! I can't believe it! I'm sure it will only take a couple of hard nights until TY realizes that he has to fall asleep on his own. I can totally feel your pain, though! Whenever I feel overwhelmed, and emotionally drained from one of my children, I just remind myself that it's just a season, and things will get easier soon!! I love you!! Thanks for FINALLY posting a picture!!

Kristy said...

Kata
I remember those nights like it was yesterday. I used to put a pillow over my head and try to muffle to sound. Be strong you will make it through it. My girls would love to hold TY some more while you take a nap anytime.

TK said...

Yeah well I really can't say anything here since my daughter is 24 months old and still not sleeping through the night....I blame it on Rod. He is either so compassionate that he can't stand to hear her cry or he can't sleep while she cries so he would rather her be in our bed where they both get sleep. Funny thing either way I'm awake because when she is in our bed she pretty much is sleeping on top of my face.

Good luck Kara. Maybe somehow this will help him in the nursery :)