Friday, October 13, 2006

Crazy Day



Well since this is my very first post it makes sense that it would be about a crazy day I had with my two girls. I don't know why I am surprised because it seems that every day is the same. We are always running around trying to get a million things done in as short amount of time as possible. I will give you the short version since it could go on forever. In a span of about two hours we went to one of our stores where they screamed and chased each other (with customers looking on mind you). We then went to Target where they continued to fight over who got to hold the birthday present we had just purchased. After several "time out" threats we make it to the car and across the street to the grocery store, where thankfully we managed to find one of the "car carts". Thinking that this was going to make the trip peaceful we continue. The car seemed to only increase the activity level of the two of them. As Ella is biting and pulling Haley's shirt, Haley is honking the little horn and yelling "emergency, emergency". Anyway as we check out Haley decides to grab the change from the machine and try her luck at the claw game. As I am coaching her on her item she wants to try for her time runs out and she then proceeds to yell at me in front of all the Von's customers that it was my fault (mind you she added a lot of stomping as well) As I drag her by the arm out to the car and basically lose it yelling at both of them I try to remember where my brilliant parenting techniques are. Anyway we get home and needless to say they both get put in separate time outs to think about what they did wrong. Haley asks if she can have hers in the office which I agree to knowing she was up to something. A few minutes later I go in to discuss her actions with her and she hands me a typed up letter.

It says...
Dear Mommy,
I am sorry I yeld at you. But the most importint thing is I love you.

I immediately burst into tears and Haley and I sat in a puddle together on the floor.
Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

TK said...

Oh that sweet girl. Maybe she should start a blog. I can't wait until Rhett can type up love letters to his mama.

I'm so glad you're here. Remember what we said on the phone about connecting. Now I feel so much more connected. I also feel better about all of my crazy days after reading one of yours. Keep up the writing.